Our team tries to use as many AI tools as possible to make repetitive tasks more efficient. So, as you can guess, we have done A LOT of research on AI productivity tools.
The best AI productivity tools categorized
- Chatbots: ChatGPT, Bard, Claude 2.
- Grammar checkers and rewording tools: Grammarly, DeepL.
- Content creation: Jasper, Anyword.
- Video creation: Descript, Typeframes.
- Image generation: DALL-E, Midjourney.
- Communication and Meeting assistants: Fireflies.AI, Airgram, Loom.
- Presentation tools: Plusdocs, Decktopus.
- Research Tools: Perplexity, MyAskAI, Recast.
- Automation: Zapier, Make.
- Analytic tools: Julius AI, Polymer.
- All-in-one AI productivity tools: Taskade.
- Daily helpers: SongslikeX, RemoveBG.
We have tested and used a lot of AI tools for various purposes, and we think these are the best ones to use to increase your productivity.
1. Best AI Chatbots
With the launch of ChatGPT, the AI craze has begun. Since then, many people have tried to recreate its success, with some luck. But all in all, Chatbots of the best AI productivity tools out there to start with. They can be used for various mundane tasks to increase productivity or if you are stuck in a creative process.
The one and only who started it all. ChatGPT can be used to increase productivity in almost every aspect of your life, from asking how many Bs are in Banana to creating custom GPTs that allow you to have an assistant (a personalized chatbot).
This AI tool is powered by OpenAI's GPT-3,5 and GPT-4 models. ChatGPT has a free version in which you can use the GPT-3,5 model, but you can access the GPT-4 model by just using Bing search.
GPT-4 is stronger than GPT-3.5, and it's also capable of analyzing text, images, and voice. For instance, it can accept an image as part of a prompt and provide an appropriate textual response; it can generate images; and you can have an audio conversation.
If you do not know how to get started with AI tools or want a custom ChatGPT for your business, we can create a ChatGPT Alternative for Your Business Without the Risks. If you want to get started, click here.
- One of the most versatile AI tools
- GPT-3,5 is free to use, but GPT-4 features are pay-to-use
- You can access GPT-4 model features through Bing
- When creating custom GPTs, data can be leaked
- Watch out for hallucinations and factual errors
ChatGPT can't handle texts longer than a few thousand words. It's the same reason why ChatGPT forgets instructions you gave it earlier in a conversation. Claude solves that with a 75,000-word limit that lets you input books and do pretty much everything you can do with ChatGPT.
Unfortunately, Claude only has a free version in the US or UK. Claude pitches itself as the safer AI, which can make it a pain to use for many use cases, but it's worth trying out and is better than ChatGPT for certain tasks.
- Much longer word limit than even ChatGPT’s highest token models
- Stronger safety measures than ChatGPT
- Free with sign-up
- Not available in many countries
Google Bard is also an AI chatbot that simulates human conversations with natural language processing and machine learning algorithms by drawing responses from the internet.
Bard's main purpose is to retrieve information in a simple and short answer. It provides information similarly to Alexa and Siri, but with links for users to gather more information. As a chatbot, it is more useful for research, unlike ChatGPT.
- Integrated with Google products such as Search and Workspace.
- Made for research.
- Can research current information, such as recent events.
- Free with any Google account
2. The best grammar checkers and rewording AI tools
Spell-checking apps have been around for ages, but AI is mixing things up. The first iterations only detected spelling mistakes and sometimes structural problems. If you do not have the best writing skills, do not worry. With the help of artificial intelligence, tools like Grammarly and DeepL you can reach your full potential by changing the style of your writing with a push of a button and fixing not just your spelling but your style of writing as well.
Grammarly is a popular AI tool for checking spelling mistakes and sentence structure. It allows you to adjust your tone and suggests ways to simplify complex phrases. It offers many extensions and integrations, making it usable anywhere if there is a text box.
- Works with everything that has a text box
- A free version is available
- Provides Real-Time Writing Assistance
- Enhances Clarity and Readability
DeepL is an AI app similar to Grammarly, but with a different UI. It is known for its high-quality translations. Like most translation systems, DeepL uses artificial intelligence networks to translate texts. These networks are trained on millions of translated texts.
- Known for translation quality
- Document translation function
- Data privacy: DeepL is subject to European Union data protection laws.
- A free basic plan is available
3. Best Content creation and AI productivity tools
These AI productivity apps are designed to assist in generating, editing, and optimizing various forms of content, such as text, images, and videos, using artificial intelligence. These tools can assist you in writing if you are stuck in your creative phase, or if you want, they can create fully written articles. Although, keep in mind that such AI-generated content requires some editing to make it usable.
An AI tool to write a blog if you do not have any writing skills. Anyword is an AI writing tool that uses natural language processing to generate and optimize texts for various purposes, including blogs, landing pages, emails, social media, and more. It is considered a good choice for AI writing assistance, particularly for marketers and writers from various backgrounds.
- A lot of Writing Modes
- Bulk Text Generation
- Built-in SEO optimization is available
- Has a free trial
- Option to optimize texts for the target audience
A very similar AI tool to AnyWord with the same issues. It can not generate content that does not require editing. People usually praise Jasper for its ability to save time, generate ideas, and create content that aligns with their brand voice. Jasper is one of the better AI writing tools that can be used strictly for marketing.
- Requires editing and lacks direct integrations
- No free trial
- Offers on-brand AI assistance
- A great tool for blog post creation
4. Best Video Creation AI apps
These tools use AI speech and audio synthesis to create videos without the need for human actors or voices. These AI tools offer features such as text-to-video content generation, AI avatars, and professionally designed templates for various types of videos, including marketing and explainer videos.
As great as they are, unfortunately, they will not be as good as professional videos made with Adobe Premiere or other video editing apps, so keep that in mind.
Typeframes is an AI video creation tool that can pump out videos very quickly. It can convert lists, tweets, or any text into engaging videos. It also offers a wide range of effects for every mood and message.
This AI productivity tool can also be integrated with existing tools and platforms and even automate tasks like creating videos by taking content from a website page.
- A free trial is available.
- Real-time Preview
- Automated Video Creation
- One of the most user-friendly video generation tools
Descript is another video creation tool with a bit more AI features. It has a clean interface, making it easy for beginners to use. One of its standout features is the ability to edit audio by editing the text, which is great for podcasters and content creators. This AI app makes video editing easy for people with no experience in the field.
- Has a free trial
- Easily create a realistic voice clone or pick from our stock AI voices.
- Green screen effect
- Multitrack audio editing for podcasting
- It lets you create a text-to-speech model of your voice
- And many more features
5. Best Image generation AI tools
These tools can be used for a variety of purposes, including creating realistic or artistic images, generating designs, or even producing synthetic data for training other AI models.
There are a lot of image-generation tools out there that excel in different aspects.
It is an advanced version of OpenAI's DALL-E model, which is an image-generation AI tool. It is currently integrated with ChatGPT-4, but you can also use it on Bing for free.
Key features include the ability to generate high-quality, diverse, and contextually relevant images based on natural language prompts.
- Integrated with ChatGPT-4
- You Can try it for free with Bing
- Has issues creating text on images
- Has issues creating realistic people (rarely)
It offers a user-friendly Discord interface and a variety of features, making it a popular choice for artists, digital art enthusiasts, social media managers, and more.
This tool is great for changing a few details on the AI images that you created. It also gives you four images from which you can choose to generate the final product with your added filters.
- A free trial is available
- Can generate images in a variety of artistic styles
- Users have a high degree of creative control over the generated images
- It makes complex image editing tasks simple and efficient.
6. Best Communication and meeting AI tools
These AI productivity tools can provide a variety of functions, including speech recognition, transcription, virtual meeting assistants, real-time language translation, automated agenda creation, meeting analytics and many more.
Fireflies is an AI voice assistant that helps transcribe and take notes during meetings. Its AI assistant, Fred, integrates with leading web-conferencing platforms in the world like Zoom, Google Meet, Webex, & Microsoft Teams, along with business applications like Slack and Salesforce.
This is a popular choice for recording and transcribing meetings, but it has some limitations in terms of transcription accuracy. It's no secret that we use this AI productivity app every day for almost every meeting.
- A free plan is available.
- Recording and Transcription
- Easy-to-use user Interface
Airgram helps record, transcribe, summarize, and share meeting conversations. It is a very similar AI web app to Fireflies, but it is still worth a mention.
It uses GPT-4 to generate AI-integrated meeting summaries and supports numerous languages.
- A 7-day trial is available
- Multilingual support
- Automatic recording and transcription
- Integration with other tools: Airgram can export transcriptions to platforms like Notion and Slack
Loom is a screen recording and video messaging tool that allows users to record their screen or webcam and share the videos instantly with a link.
It is a safe choice for creating quick, short videos for various purposes, such as explaining features, providing feedback, and creating training materials to save time instead of explaining things through simple messages.
- A free, unlimited version is available
- Integrated artificial intelligence for automated video summaries and titles
- Silence Removal
- Filler Word Removal
7. Best Presentation, Document AI tools
Presentation and document AI tools are applications that use artificial intelligence to create presentations and documents with minimal effort. They analyze the content, identify patterns and trends, and make suggestions for improving the visual design and layout of the slides.
Plus AI is a Google Slides add-on that lets you describe the kind of slide deck you're making, then generate and fine-tune it based on your exact needs.
It's still not at the point where you can literally just tell it one prompt and get the entire finished product, but it saves a bunch of time getting an initial structure together that you can then perfect. Similarly, if you have existing slides, you can tell them in natural language how you want them changed.
- Integrates seamlessly into Google Slides
- Create and tweak slides using natural language
- Free with signup
It is a presentation app that offers pre-designed slide layouts, content suggestions, integrated interactive elements, and seamless content distribution. It uses artificial intelligence-generated outlines, slide content, images, icons, and slide items.
Furthermore, it is a very similar app to PlusDocs, but it does not have the option to create any free presentations, unfortunately.
- No free trial
- Limited customization
- AI-powered content assistance
- Suggestions for headlines, bullet points, images, icons, charts, and graphs aligned with keywords and data
- Pre-designed slide layouts
8. Best Research tools
AI research tools are designed to help analyze data, write, edit, and cite research papers more efficiently. These tools can enhance the research process and optimize time management.
To make the most use of AI tools for academic research, you should not solely rely on AI.
Perplexity AI is a chatbot-style search engine that uses artificial intelligence to provide accurate and precise answers to users' questions. Perplexity is described as an answer engine that places users at its center.
It can be used for various tasks such as answering questions, generating text, writing creative content, and summarizing text. It is a versatile tool that can assist researchers, writers, artists, musicians, and programmers—basically, almost everyone who uses Google constantly.
- Efficient Information Gathering
- A free version is available
- User-friendly interface
MyAskAI is an AI app that allows users to create their own AI assistant or chatbot by adding their company's documentation. It works very well, especially if you are dealing with a lot of documents or information from many different web pages.
The basic plan allows you to upload over 100 files, and this is a lifesaver for digesting large amounts of information in a short time.
- It shows the sources within your knowledge base where it got the answers from
- Users say it hallucinates less than ChatGPT
- You can add webpages instead of document files
- A free plan is available
Recast is really cool. It captures a web page and creates a two-person podcast with the hosts discussing the topic. It is useful if you are doing research and do not have time to read it, but you can listen to it while doing other tasks.
Recast AI also allows users to adjust the reading speed and voice.
- Seamless Integration with Any Browser
- A free basic plan is available
- AI Audio Summaries
9. The best AI automation tools
These apps are automation tools that allow you to create automated workflows that send information from one app to another. You can automate repetitive tasks or entire processes so that you can use your time for more important matters.
They are one of the best AI productivity tools, but they require some technical knowledge and are not as easy to use as other AI apps that were listed previously.
You should use Zapier if you need your work done faster than doing it yourself, automating tasks like notifying your team when a new post is shared on your company's social media.
There is also a library of suggested automations called Zaps, which is constantly growing. It is a great start to your automation journey.
- There are many automations to choose from, even more to come in the future
- Simple UX is transparent in terms of showing how the tools works
- Tutorials are aplenty
- This No Code tool is used by many; therefore, there is a large community that you can always ask for help from.
In essence, Make is a very similar tool to Zapier, as it fulfills the same purpose of making the automation of tasks easy. There are a few cool things about Make, too: you can create triggers and actions that link you to other apps.
It's also possible to connect to any website or app with HTTP/SOAP and JSON integration (more advanced automation, as you will have to set things up yourself, but it's still doable without code).
- Affordable pricing across the board for plans
- Library of workflows that are ready to be used
- There are many videos and tutorials about how Make works.
10. AI analytic tools
AI data analytics tools can be used for a range of tasks, such as predictive modeling, segmentation analysis, data cleaning and preparation, natural language processing, visualization and reporting, anomaly detection, and clustering.
Julius AI is a personal data analysis tool that specializes in analyzing structured data. It helps to interpret, analyze, and visualize data in a user-friendly manner, making data analysis accessible to individuals without a background in data science or statistics. All in all, this is a great app to enhance productivity.
- You can connect to data sources like Excel Sheets, Google Sheets, and Postgres
- Offers a free version
- Easy data visualization
- Question-driven analysis
Polymer is a business intelligence app that features a very easy setup and no steep learning curves. This artificial intelligence tool offers AI capabilities for data analysis and dashboarding, very similar to Julius AI.
- 14-day free trial
- User-friendly interface
- Auto chart generation
- Powerful AI for data analysis
11. Best all-in-one AI tool
Taskade is an all-in-one note-taking, project management, task management and scheduling platform with built-in AI workflows and templates. Like other AI apps, Taskade lets you easily create workspaces, documents, and templates for your workflows. Taskade has a built-in GPT-4-based AI that’s trained to structure your documents, create content, and otherwise help you improve your productivity.
- Free with signup
- A very versatile tool
- Built-in GPT-4-based AI
12. Best Daily helpers
We will end things with easy, very simple AI tools that can help with repetitive tasks and just improve your quality of life.
One of the few image AI tools that almost everyone needs. RemoveBG uses simple AI to remove backgrounds from your images. It's very simple, but something that shaves off a few minutes off tasks every day.
- 50 free previews
- Cheap, paid versions
- Very easy to use
This one won't be generating emails or presentations anytime soon, but if you like grinding along to music, you'll find this amazing. You can enter any song, and it will automatically generate a Spotify playlist for you with similar songs.
We found it much more accurate than other platforms, which provide songs just like the ones you are listening to at the moment.
- Free with up to 20 song recommendations
- Helpful for people who work and listen to music
- So simple yet useful
With AI, if you're not in front, you're behind
It's no secret that more and more people and businesses are using artificial intelligence tools for project management, marketing campaigns, content creation and other aspects.
Of course, with so many tools out there, it can be hard to choose which one is the most suitable.
But if none of the products listed above suit your needs, we can create custom AI software tailored specifically for your business. If you are looking for an internal ChatGPT with no risk of data exposure, then you can see more information here.
Or, if you want to automate repetitive tasks with your custom AI software, click here.
With all that in mind, it's time to sit back and let AI do the nasty work. Using these AI productivity tools is as entertaining as it is useful. But keep in mind that they will not do the work for you all the time; they are just superb assistants.
First photo AndreasKlassen on Unsplash
Final Photo by PossessedTechnology on Unsplash